Episode 24: Running [to] the Asylum
Aug 4th, 2020 by oddthingsiveseen
My obsession with Danvers State Hospital (aka Danvers Insane Asylum) started with the horror movie Session 9 back in 2001, which was filmed inside the then 120-year-old abandoned asylum. Over the next two decades, I visited the site, found the asylum cemetery, watched Session 9 on the site where it was filmed, and, just a few months ago, returned to find the second asylum cemetery. This is the whole story.
- Photos from my first visit to Danvers State Hospital.
- Photos from my second visit to Danvers State Hospital (to watch Session 9).
- Photos from my visit to the second Danvers Asylum cemetery.
- Address for Danvers State Hospital site: 1101 Kirkbride Dr., Danvers, MA
- Address for second Danvers Asylum cemetery: Gregory St. and Middleton Rd., Middleton, MA
- My Cursed Objects book is up for preorder.
- Want to learn about the oddities I visit in real time? Follow me on Twitter, Facebook, or Patreon.
- I also write other books that you can buy. Spooky books.