Episode 32: The Place Where the Music Died
Jul 11th, 2021 by oddthingsiveseen
On February 3, 1959, a small plane carrying pop stars Buddy Holly, Ritchie Valens, and the Big Bopper crashed into an Iowa cornfield, killing all three instantly and inspiring Don McLean to write American Pie. We trudge into that cornfield, to see the place where the music died.
- See images from our jaunt to the death site here.
- Death site address: 315 St. and Gull Ave., Clear Lake, Iowa.
- More information on The Smashed Man of Dread End sticker offer.
- Want to learn about the oddities I visit in real time? Follow me on Twitter, Facebook, or Patreon.
- I also write spooky books.